Papers, 1882-1901 (bulk 1883-1899)
Topics Baker family
, Baker, Lorenzo Dow, 1840-1908
, Baker, Martha Miriam Hopkins
, Freeman, J. H
, Preston, A. W. (Andrew W.), 1846-1924
, Young, Isaiah
, Boston Fruit Company
, Saint Thomas Rifle Club
, Bath Tennis Club
, Banana trade
, Banana trade
, Plantation owners
* BOX VII: Companies Dealing with the Boston Fruit Co., L.D. Baker, Jr.
Digitizing sponsor Cape Cod Community College Educational Foundation
Book contributor W.B. Nickerson Cape Cod History Archives, Wilkens Library, Cape Cod Community College
Collection capecodcommunitycollege; nickersonmanuscripts; americana
Full catalog record MARCXML
* Letters: A.J. Pervere, Fruit Confectionary, Cigars; Wellfleet, MA.
* Alexander Bros & Co; Foreign Fruits, Nuts, Confectioners Supplies; Boston, MA
* American Acad. Of Polit. & Soc. Science
* American Melting Machine Co., Boston, MA
* Atlas Steamship Co., Kingston, Jamaica
* Atwood Companies
* Banes Fruit Co.
* Buckman Fruit Co.
* C.M. Litchfield
* C.S. Crowell & Co.; Commission Merchants, Boston, MA.
* Cahaba Southern Mining Co.
* Charles Lawrence & Co.
* Consumers Ice Manufacturing Co.
* D.F. Murphy; Kingston, Jamaica
* Dame Stoddard & Kendall; Cutlery, Fishing Tackle & Skates; Boston, MA.
* Edward S. Clark, Co.; Steamyachts, towboats, etc., Boston, MKA
* Letters: Henry McShane; Plumers, Boston, MA.
* India Refining Co., Philadephia, PA
* Insurance Companies:
* Irwin & Sloan Shipping; Oswego, N.Y.
* Jameson, John
* Jewelry Companies
* Keith Manufacturing Co., Sagamore, MA.
* L.G. Burnham Coal Dealers, Cambridge, MA.
* L. Pickert & Co., Canned Goods Factories, Boston, MA.
* Letters: Louis Winkler & Co., Music and Musical Instruments; Kingston, Jamaica.
* Lowell Steam Boiler Works; Lowell, MA.
* McLellen, Starr & Brigham; Foreign Fruits, etc.; Boston, MA.
* Marine Vapor Engine Co., New Jersey
* Mayflower, Yarmouthport, MA.
* National Cyclopedia of Amer. Biog.
* New England Telephone & Telegraph Co.
* Northern Gas Light Co., Northampton, MA.
* Northside Ice Co., Ltd., Port Antonio, Jamaica.
* Otis Clapp & Sons, Homaepathic Good, Boston, MA.
* Page Woven Wire Fence Co., Afrian, Mich.
* Photography Suppliers
* Rogers Bros & Freeman, Fruit Importers; Providence, R.I.
* Russell, C.T. & T.H.; Attorneys.
* Scovill Manufacturing Co., Boston, MA.
* Seaverns & Co., Fruits & Produce, Boston, MA.
* Simpson Spring Co., So. Easton, MA.
* Strickney & Poor, Mustards, Spices, etc., Boston, MA.
* Sylvanus Smith & Co., Wholesale Fish, Glouester, MA.
* Tailors of L.D. Baker, Jr.
* Timothy B. Hussey, Agricultural Implements; No. Berwick, ME.
* Uganda Railway, Mombassa. Africa.
* W.H. Johnson & Co., Hardware Merchants; Kinston, Jamaica.
* W.P. Bullard & Co.; Opticians, Boston, MA.
* Wellfleet Marine Insurance Co.
* Wolfe & Mullholand; Solicitors; Kingston, Jamaica.
Chiefly business and personal correspondence, financial records, and notes, of Baker, including letters from his father, Lorenzo Dow Baker, Sr. (1840-1908), ship captain, of Wellfleet, and founder of Boston Fruit Company which was involved in the Jamaican-American banana trade and his mother, Martha Miriam (Hopkins) Baker, detailing life in Jamaica and Wellfleet in the late 19th century; business correspondence of officials of the Boston Fruit Company such as J.H. Freeman, A.W. Preston, and Isaiah Young; and personal correspondence relating to charitable and recreational activities of the Baker family, including references to Jamaican plantation owners, social life on the island, and membership in Saint Thomas Rifle and Bath Tennis clubs
Commercial agent, of Wellfleet, Mass., and Port Morant, Jamaica; b. Lorenzo Dow, Jr
Finding aid in the repository